Sunday 22 June 2008

Ugg Boots - An Aussie Classic

With the winter months now in full swing here in Sydney, I thought it was only fitting that did a post on the classic Aussie staple, Ugg boots (otherwise known as sheepskin boots).

It isn't a winter in Australia without them. In fact, as I sit here in front of the heater, I have my Uggies on. I suppose it's that instant comfort you get from putting them on after a long day at work, or the warmth they provide on a chilly morning - either way, I think I will always own a pair.

Despite a bit of controversy over the name, I think it's amazing just how long they have endured and increased in popularity. Once the stereotypical footwear for westies (probably because it gets so clod out that way), Ugg boots are made by so many labels now, and in so many styles and colours that everyone has them. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

I came across this very 80's, and very Aussie commercial for Skinnys Sheepskin boots - I don't think the styles have changed that much, do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...